E-mail Formatted Results to: Mike Dempsey, FLO Results Coordinator
Results Format for Event Coordinators
Please use the following format (example at bottom) when compiling event results.
The file will be converted to a format that can be used in both the newsletter and on the Web site.
How to Format Results:
- Save Results in a plain text (.txt) file.
- Do not send spreadsheet files or .doc files with special formatting – it is more difficult to convert and reformat them.
- The first lines of text should be the EVENT LOCATION and DATE.
They will be reproduced exactly as they appear in the text file - only centered.
- The first blank line following the event information tells the script to look for a COURSE HEADING.
Extra blank lines are ignored.
- The COURSE HEADINGS are:
There should be NO other text in the heading.
- The line following a COURSE HEADING should start with 2 or more equal signs ==
,or dashes --, to underline the heading.  These will not be used in the HTML file – they simply improve the readability of the file.
- The line following the line of dashes should be the winning COMPETITOR and TIME.
- Do not put blank lines between the HEADER and the NAME/TIME lines.
- For each course, list competitors from fastest to slowest time.
List DNFs, OTs, etc., last.
- COMPETITORS and TIMES should be listed in two tab-separated columns.
- Use only one tab between the NAME column and the TIME column.
- The tabs are important. If you don’t use them, I have to manually insert them. This sucks!
- All text to the left of the tab goes in column one of a two-column table.
- All text to the right of the tab goes in column two.
- NAME text may be anything (except tabs): individual names, group names with group size, etc.
- TIME text should be one word: a time 52:34 or 123:45; or other notation such as
DNF - Did Not Finish; OT - Over Time Limit; DQ - Disqualified.
- The last COMPETITOR/TIME line should be followed by a blank line, which tells the script to look for another
Example of Results Format:
Litterbug State Forest
Florida State Championships
6 December 2002
|GS troop 666||45:25|
|Oviedo HS #1||49:00|