Florida Orienteering - gOing Wild
Venomous Snakes of Florida
- can you recognise these 6 snakes - Copperhead; Cottonmouth; Diamondback, Timber, & Pigmy Rattlesnakes; Eastern Coral?
Venomous Spiders in Florida
- can you recognise the Recluse and Widow Spiders?
Florida Panther - sighting at LBE
Florida Panther Net - learn about the endangered Florida Panther.
All About Birds
- OnLine Bird Guide - learn to ID birds.
Great Backyard Bird Count
National Wildlife Federation (NWF)
TAKE THE WILDLIFE PLEDGE!
Just follow these 5 easy steps to preserve wildlife in your own backyard.
- Grow Native Plants found in your area, including trees, shrubs, and other
plants that offer food such as pollen, nectar, acorn, nuts, cones, berries and other seeds.
- Provide Water for Wildlife with a birdbath, small pond or shallow dish...
or care for a natural spring or stream on or near your habitat.
- Create Protective Cover for wildlife by growing a meadow, a prairie, densely
branched shrubs and, when appropiate, evergreens. Place hollow logs and rock piles
in your yard.
- Build Birdhouses, attach to metal poles and monitor their use. Grow host plants for
butterfly and moth caterpillars to eat and provide dense plantings to create safe areas for
- Watch What You Plant in your garden. Exotic species not native to your region can
become invasive and can be harmful to both people and wildlife. (to learn more
click on the NWF logo below)